It's hot outside.
If you're going by how long the sun is up or outdoor temps, summer is here. But you and your body work year round, so you still need your health habits. Knowing how to beat the heat is more than comfort or business productivity; it's a public safety issue.
Looking for ways to beat the heat this summer, but still get exercise, feel great, and work better? Read below for quick tips on sun safety!
Dawg, it's hot.
4 tips to beat the heat:
1) Avoid the midday sun. If you're biking, walking pets, or exercising outdoors, try going before 10am or after 5pm.
2) Drink water. Staying hydrated boosts mood and helps your short term memory. Dehydration makes it harder to concentrate and is linked to less exercise. Keep a water bottle with you!
3) Use sun protection. Protecting yourself from the sun reduces cancer risk. Remember to slip, slop, slap, (seek, and slide):
- Slip on sun protection clothing
- Slop on SPF 50+ sunscreen
- Slap on a hat
- Seek shelter
- Slide on some glasses
4) Exercise indoors. Cruising the mall is a good way to beat the heat while staying fit in the summer. Especially if you don't want to work out at home or go to the gym. I love to remind clients that walking counts as exercise!
Ready to start exercising exercising, but not sure how to start? Check out my post Start Exercising if You Hate Exercise: 3 Tips.
Then learn how a custom plan will help you and your business beat the heat this summer. Download my free guide below!