Video: What makes Fit for Freelance different?
If you want health to be a natural, easy part of your life, I got you.
Does this sound familiar? I'm here because I...
- want to love my body and feel confident again (and not feel older than I am)
- want energy to show up my best for my business and the people I love
- hate feeling mentally weak from failing all or nothing diet and exercise plans. I need slippage room so I can still have a good time
- want to lose weight and keep it off without it being about the number on the scale
- am ready to focus on my unmet health goals to lead a thriving, successful life
- go hard for a month, then fall off. I need direction to identify which habits are hindering sustainable long-term fitness
- want to be leaner- more definition, more tone, lower body fat percentage
If any or all of these apply, you're in the right place!
Hey! I'm Reggie; I build adaptive business leaders through compassionate health coaching.
I want every entrepreneur to know to lead the healthy, fulfilling life of their dreams. Not stuck with restrictive diets or feeling guilty about taking time for themselves.
My Guilt-free Gameplan builds confidence, realistic focus, and accountability in your health goals. These improve your health and give you more energy to reach your business and life goals.
Learn to focus on your health and love your body again. Then, apply your skills to any goal so that you have confident ownership of your path to freedom and fitness!
Think of it like adding an employee wellness section to your business plan.
My passion is making it easy for people to use health science to reach their goals:
- My freelance medical education writing business rephrases science so different audiences can use it
- Over 11 years of public health experience. Nutrition education and policy education to create healthier environments and workplaces
- Masters in Medical Sciences, grad certificate in Positive Behavior Support, Bachelors in Nutrition
- Certified Worksite Wellness Program Manager, Certified Personal Trainer, Senior Fitness Specialist...
But all that's boring- I do it because I want to help you feel confident while you enjoy the important things in life! Think better family time, smooth, productive work days, and feeling great in (or out of) your clothes.
I simplify so you know what to do, why it's important, and how to make health a fun part of your life.
Some Fun Facts About Me...
Actually read and teach friends medical science for fun
History as salsa dancer and occasional rugby player
Past President of American Medical Writers Association Florida Chapter. (6-time selected presenter to national conference)
Signed up, trained for, and ran a second marathon after completing the first one
Love hip hop and connecting samples to the classics
Practice calligraphy with a fountain pen and ink collection
Things I dislike: Useless supplements, the condescending tone of the fitness industry, rude internet commenters who have never helped anyone lose weight, pickles
If you're too busy for your health, it's keeping you from your best work
- Productivity losses from missing work cost employers $1,685 per employee
- Full-time workers who are overweight, obese, or have other chronic health problems miss 450 million more days of work each year than healthy workers. The result is an estimated cost of more than $153 billion in lost productivity each year.
- A 1% reduction in excess weight and high blood pressure, glucose, and cholesterol levels saves $83 to $103 annually in medical costs per person. (CDC Workplace Health Promotion)
These costs are a health tax for entrepreneurs and small businesses. Imagine paying cash for lost productivity, less enjoyment, and worse health outcomes!
The best companies protect their people and bottom lines with wellness programs. Who is in charge of your wellness program?
Why Fit for Freelance?
Small habits that add up to "being in shape" apply to business. We use the process and mindset of focusing on our health in any goals we set.
Thoughts like "I can't do this because other people need me," or doing things because we think we "should" keep us stuck.
I started personal training because I know the joy of fitness. I love teaching people how to work out so they feel confident in all areas of their lives.
I started freelance medical education writing (Wilson Medical Writing) to teach the wonders of science research. I want people to apply science to improve their lives.
I started Fit for Freelance because many of us aren't leading the work-life balance we imagined. We're losing joy, energy, and productivity today. We're risking chronic disease and premature death tomorrow. Better health is the solution now.
Entrepreneurs do their best to balance our work and family responsibilities. Taking care of ourselves has to be manageable. The Guilt-free Gameplan makes it fun and sustainable!
Own Your Path to Becoming an Adaptive Business Leader
Mission We make health an engaging part of the entrepreneur's journey by inspiring confident ownership of their path to freedom and fitness
Vision Every entrepreneur knows how to lead the healthy, fulfilling life of their dreams
Values Ownership. Compassion. Adaptive. Science-based. Engaging.
Everyone picks buzzwords for values, but what do your values look like in real life? Here's a declaration of how I use my values- it's laminated and posted in my home office. This is part of discovering your vision with the Guilt-Free Gameplan- you'll craft yours in Week 1!